Mark E. Barbour
For more than twenty-five years, I have helped hundreds of clients in personal injury, workplace injury, and wrongful death claims and lawsuits. I have negotiated out-of-court settlements and taken cases to trial for my clients against insurance companies, corporations, governments, and individuals. Most of my clients come to me by word of mouth recommendations from former clients and other lawyers. If you have an injury related matter, I have probably seen it before and can help you get it resolved.
I have earned the respect of my peers, having served as President of the Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys, as a member of the Executive Committee of the Ohio Association of Justice, and by receiving the AV rating, the highest rating possible, from the peer review process of Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, reflecting the confidential opinions of the Bar and the judiciary in my practice area. I am a "Super Lawyer". And while those things are important and nice, I really am most proud of the fact that dozens of people pick me to be their lawyer to help with their case, each and every year.
I received my law degree from the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law at Cleveland State University, and my B.A. from Wittenberg University. My professional training began in law school when I clerked for a large defense litigation firm and handled claims for an independent insurance adjusting firm. My education continued upon graduation where I worked as an apprentice lawyer to the President of the Ohio Trial Lawyers Association and then worked my way up to partner of a very well regarded civil trial firm. I opened my own practice in 2007.
My wife Kate and I have two children and, starting with their preschool years, we have both served in several capacities in our community. Family always has come first, and we have enjoyed all the time we have spent in a whole host of ways in our community. For more information on my current and previous activities, please visit my In The Community Page.
I welcome the chance to talk with you about your case. Call me today at 216-771-8188.
- Owner, Law Office of Mark E. Barbour, Cleveland, Ohio;
- Partner, Jeffries, Kube, Forrest & Monteleone, Co. LPA, Cleveland, Ohio;
- Associate Attorney, Michael R. Kube Co. LPA, Cleveland, Ohio.
- J.D., Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio;
- B.A., Wittenberg University, Springfield, Ohio.
- Admitted to all courts in Ohio;
- Ohio State Bar;
- Life Member Eighth District Judicial Conference, Cleveland, Ohio.
- Ohio Association of Justice, (OAJ):
- Eighth District Representative,
- Member Executive Committee;
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys, (CATA):
- Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer,
- Board of Directors;
- Ohio State Bar Association.
- "New Lawyer Training" Cleveland Bar Association;
- "Deposition Practice" Eighth District Judicial Conference, Cleveland, Ohio;
- "Ohio Legislature passes new Intentional Tort Law" CATA Luncheon CLE;
- "Tort Reform Seminar- Intentional Tort" OAJ Regional Seminars;
- "Saving Grace: R.C.2305.19" Ohio Trial, Summer;
- "SB 120 Political Subdivision Liability" OAJ Regional;
- "Biomechanics of Injuries" OAJ Regional Seminars.