Truck accident injuries can be very devastating for both the accident victims and their families. Because of the size of some trucks, a relatively low impact truck accident can often lead to a serious injury or even death. In many cases, truck accident victims will experience problems with hospital and doctor bills, potential loss of income, and property damage. Furthermore, truck accident victims can also experience severe mental and physical pain and suffering following an accident.
Commercial trucks are the most dangerous vehicles on the road. As the number of commercial and recreational trucks continues to increase, the risk also increases for passengers, drivers and pedestrians on the roadways. The majority of trucking accidents are caused by a combination of the truck’s unique characteristics and its performance capabilities. This includes (but is not limited to) truck acceleration, braking, visibility and driver negligence.
There are many reasons why a truck accident may occur. Some of the more common reasons include:
- Driver is driving fast to meet a tight delivery deadline
- Driver is tired from driving for long periods of time
- Driver is not paying enough attention to other drivers on the road
- Driver is not sufficiently checking all blind spots of other drivers on the roadways
- Driver does not leave enough space for his large vehicle between other vehicles
- Mechanical failure and defective components within the truck
- Overloading of the truck in a negligent manner
In addition to the inherent dangers of commercial transportation and shipping vehicles, a number of characteristics specific to commercial trucking may contribute to traffic accidents. These may include (but are not limited to):
- Inadequate training as to driving technique, and safety concerns
- Unrealistic trucking company schedules and expectations that encourage drivers to drive fast, despite the safety risks involved.
Mark E. Barbour, Attorney at Law, takes pride in fighting for his clients to get the compensation they deserve when dealing with truck and commercial vehicle accidents. Contact us today at (216) 771-8188 and speak to Mark Barbour about your case.